Tips if you are going to do Ballooning in Granada
The experience of ballooning is something that you need to live at least one time in your life, and what better city to explore from the skies than the beautiful Granada.
It will be a unique experience that will start really early in the morning since we still seeks help to fly from the air currents, which are the best ones during those hours. Normally, we will meet in the San Miguel Alto hermitage and that way, you can participate in the inflating process.
After taking off, we will start the burners and let’s fly through the zone you have chosen in the Granada region!
With this video of a balloon ride through Garanda, you can watch with your own eyes what is all about:
As you can see, Granada is a special, enchanting city, overfly the Sierra Nevada zones or over the Alhambra is something for the privileged! But, there are a lot of other places you can sightsee whilst flying.
Which are the main areas to go ballooning in Granada?
The flight zones that have permits and we recommend to try are in Granada capital city
- Ballooning Tour Through Guadix: Is Granada’s historical capital, and offers beautiful panoramic through the whole route. Guadix is found at 60 kilometers from Granada and during the flight, we will spot the famous Minas de Alquife, also the Cathedral, Alcazaba and the Cuevas neighborhood, and even the Sierra Nevada. All of this, make this flight, one that reaches up to 2.000 meters in height, one super-unique experience, we guarantee it!
- Balloon Ride Through Granada Capital: Is another zone to overfly that also has great and rich landscapes. Due to the aerial safety measures, the flights will only take place during the weekends and Winter months. In this hot air balloon rides, usually, take off from San Miguel Alto and crosses the city so you can sightsee Sacromonte, overfly the Alhambra, and the Cathedral, and finally land where the winds take us, in any place of La Vega. Other flight possibilities are Los Bermejales or the Negratón Reservoir.
- Flights Through Antequera: We recommend this option if you want to go ballooning with your loved one, we tell you about the legends and stories whilst flying over the Sierra and La Peña of the Lovers. Also, you will sightsee a more rural landscape, that depending on the season will show the colors and contrasts, an incredible spectacle, one that includes the Laguna de Fuente Natural Reserve, unique due to its vegetation that generates its wetlands and fauna that attract the flamingos.
- Ballooning Through Ronda: We already know that we are recommending all the zones due to its beauty, but the Serranía de Ronda is just so beautiful! We will pass through the valleys of this Andalucian city, the Sierra of Grazalema and the Sierra de las Nievas. We will pass through the Plaza de Toros (bullring), several churches and cross over the Tajo River. Also, the flight doesn’t have a specific direction since the wind currents in this area are strong, meaning we can end standing on different points of the Serranía.
- Flights over Arcos de la Frontera: Another pretty part of Granada. We will pass over the urban area, but also over the woodlands and forests. The Arcos de la Frontera Reservoir or its castle will be some of the emblematic places.
If you want, you can also check the other offers we have on our web to check the prices and enjoy a hot-air balloon ride in Granada.