Capuxi is made up of a group of educators from various disciplines who are joined by the passion for ecology, work for sustainability and the concern for conserving the natural environment.
These same values are what we intend to transmit to children and young people through our activities. We do it from the farmhouse of Can Puigoriol Xic which is surrounded by the Montseny Natural Park where forests and agricultural farms stand out. We organize:
- Activities in contact with nature : with excursions in the surroundings, games about Mediterranean forests, gymkhanas and participation in the care of our farm animals and vegetables in our garden.>
- Visits and workshops : the whole complex is open to the visit of any group to get to know it in general or through specialized activities such as recycled paper workshops and aromatic herbs. We invite you to approach the bovine farm and look at the peculiar solar oven in which we cook without more help than that of the light of this star.
- Urban camps and sports : on days that we dedicate completely to the little ones who will live with us in the morning shift or the whole day when they don't have classes at the school.
In the Capuxi facilities we have reserved a space for climbing by building an artificial area where school visits and groups can spend the day learning to function in this modality.
We have chosen this sport to incorporate it into our range of activities after having verified the benefits it has on the participants. Through climbing, psychomotor skills works in general and progress is made in terms of self-improvement. Fellowship takes an important role in this discipline as part of the group will supervise and support those who are ascending the wall of the climbing wall at that time.
We use individual and collective use material to develop this program that is under professional supervision . Upon receipt of the participants, the security elements are distributed and how they are to be used is explained. We will worry about the correct use of the helmet and make sure that the harnesses are well placed. From there comes into play the ability of each to hold the prey with their hands while supporting the feet to continue climbing.
In Canpuxi we have an excellent location in Les Franqueses del Vallés to start your hiking trips to the Parc del Montseny with the greatest comfort. This area is close to our natural classroom from where we undertake excursions for all audiences.
Although the route can be done on foot we can also take advantage of our all-terrain Bus for a first approach to the park.
We will find posters that indicate the most prominent places in the area such as Can Cuch that shows us the largest registered tree in Catalonia. The duration of the adventure will be marked by the characteristics of the group following shorter routes in the case of children.
In this sense we can also opt for an activity aimed at discovering what the Mediterranean forest is like in our territory. In addition to walking we will add tests and games through which the little ones internalize the animals and plant species that inhabit it. All this can be completed with a visit to the animals that are in our farm and a walk through the organic garden, taking into account the explanation of the work required for their success.
In Capuxi we open our classroom of rural surroundings to children between 6 and 12 years old for the celebration of summer houses that take place in the months of July, August and September. We have chosen these dates to coincide with your school vacations so that we serve a dual purpose: to offer a proposal for educational leisure to children and provide a solution to those parents who need someone to take care of them while they work.
To further facilitate the task we have enabled three types of schedules in these camps:
- From 9 am to 1:30 pm : for those participants who stay with us only in the morning shift. They will do the common activities before returning home.
- From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. : with the same program but adding lunch at noon.
- From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. : the same content of the camp is respected but the afternoon stay is added.
During this time, the enrollees will take care of the farm animals, test the climbing wall, learn to work in the organic garden, have recycling workshops and learn about renewable energy. We will also stay one night at the camping facilities.
In Capuxi we help the visitors we receive to know how to interpret the keys that nature gives us to move along its paths and paths through orientation activities.
From the Can Puigoriol Xic facilities, in the province of Barcelona and very close to Cardedeu, we offer an adventure that encourages the development of each person's skills. Our job will be to show you the different readings that can occur in the landscape. We will focus on:
- Learn to use a traditional map : In a society dominated by GPS and electronic assistance we consider it important not to surrender completely to technology. That is why we will look at the maps of a lifetime drawing a route and identifying it with the itinerary to follow. We will go deeper into what each legend of this material means.
- Knowing the use of the compass : for being a fundamental element to be oriented in nature but that is completely useless if we do not know how to read it. Combining the points you indicate with the maps will be easy to know where we are and where we want to go.