BBT route in Granada Transnevada UltrarailSKU: 37675
Description of BBT route in Granada Transnevada UltrarailWe propose you a route in mountain bike for the most daring ones in the sport of cycling. Our route is the perfect plan to release adrenaline, overecome yourself, and it is perfect to end all the stress of the week.
Our activity center is located in the Andalusian province of Granada, and with this route is made around the Sierra Nevada National Park. Accompanied always by our expert guide, both in the sport and in the area, you will cross a great diversity of territories, highlighting the dirt roads.
This itinerary is divided into four stages to make the journey easier:
- Güejar Sierra-Ladera Ramos in the Port of Ragua: This stage begins in the town of Lugros, passing through Cogollos de Guadix and Jerez del Marquesado. It crosses a diversity of peaks with different heights, also by some already disappeared mines, always surrounded by a vegetal ecosystem characteristic of the zone.
- Ladera Ramos in the Port of Ragua - Baranco de los Benaventes in the Port of Ragua: this stage has a very high difficulty reached a maximum height of 2350 meters, we will start passing through points such as Chullo, Almirez, Vulture and La Polarda. The weather of this area is changing, being drier and warmer thus complicating the route. This stage is characterized by numerous rises and falls between the wonderful vegetation.
- Barranco de los Benaventes in the Port of Ragua-Pampaneira: in the penultimate stage we return to the Andalusian province of Granada, specifically the municipality of Alpujarra. Here the vegetation changes again, increasing the low bushes, grasslands, crops ... We will cross villages with a great history and literature that our tour guide will tell you. You can see two emblematic points of the Alpujarra such as the valleys of the river Trévelez and the river Poqueira.
- Pampaneira-Güejar Sierra: Once we have crossed the municipality of the Alpujarra the end of this section takes us to our starting point, the northern part of Sierra Nevada. For this we will cross the canyon of the river Lanjarón, we will descend through some rivers, between which they emphasize the Dúrcal and the Dilar. This stage is also characterized by the variety of areas in which it passes: from agricultural areas to sandy or pine forests.
The best way to visit Granada and to get delighted at its breathtaking views , and we give you the opportunity to combine it with a sport. What are you waiting for?
- Required equipment for the activity: gps
- Civil Liability and Accidents insurance.
- Qualified Instructor-guide
- Bike rental.
- Required safety equipment: helmet and first aid kit