BTT tour Sierra NevadaSKU: 37680
Description of BTT tour Sierra NevadaWe encourage you to do one of the most incredible adventures in the city of Granada. It's a tour with mountain bikes crossing the best places of this city, emphasizing the well-known Sierra Nevada.
It is a plan to do with friends or family having an incredible time and combining it with the cycling sport. The tour is divided into several stages combining the difficulty and ease of them, so it's adapted for anyone, expert or not in this sport. The stages are:
- Güejar Sierra-Lugros: The first stage will start from two villages on the summits of the Sierra Nevada, full of culture and art, you'll learn all their customs during the tour. It has a high difficulty although the maximum summit is 1890 meters, it's characterized by numerous climbs.
- Lugros-Abrigo de la Solana: After passing three large areas characteristic of Sierra Nevada we arrive at the region of Lugros, where a totally agrarian landscape leads us to the other village of this stage Abrigo de la Solana de Tejos, here the vegetation changes and there are forests characterized by holm oaks or pine forests.
- Abrigo de la Solana-Collado del Espino: At this stage, we'll leave the town of Abrigo crossing peaks such as the Chullo or Almirez, we'll change to a warm and dry climate until arriving at the town of Collado del Espino. We'll cross the most hidden corners of the Sierra Nevada National Park. It's one of the most complicated stages in the tour for its ups and downs between pine forests.
- Collado del Espino-Puerto de la Ragua: this part of the tour will be carried out on the southern slope of the Sierra Nevada. We'll leave behind the region of Collado del Espino crossing landscapes like the peaks of the mountain with the Mediterranean sea in the background. Finally, we'll arrive at the Puerto de la Ragua belonging to the town of Alpujarra.
- Puerto de la Ragua-Juviles: Now the tour returns again to the territory of Granada. In the locality of Alpujarra, the vegetation of the forests disappears, arriving at the low scrubs, the agricultural crops in which the plantations of olive trees stand out, very typical of the area thanks to its climate that favors the growth of these trees.
- Juviles-Casa Forestal de Cañar: This stage begins to complicate more than the previous one, it increases the difficulty and although it diminishes the height of the summits to 1820 meters, nevertheless the average of the ascents of slopes increases by 2% with respect to the previous part. We start in the town of Juviles passing two large valleys with their respective rivers: Trévelez and Poqueira.
- Forest House of Cañar-Dílar: The time has come to leave the town of Alpujarra, and now we'll begin to run through the northern part of the Sierra Nevada, passing the canyon of the Lanjarón river, climbing through the Tello nurseries until we sail along the River Dílar, that gives name to the region that shelters it, that we'll visit too.
- Dílar-Güejar Sierra: The last stage takes us back to our starting point passing through four famous rivers that cross the Sierra Nevada: Dílar, Monachil, Genil, and Maitena. All of them with their diversity of vegetation between oak groves and chestnut groves.
It's a complete tour that you can do in the southern part of the Spanish territory, and with which you'll learn more culture.
- Mountain bike rental
- Liability and accident insurances
- Tourist guide
- Necessary equipment for the activity: GPS, GPS tracker and a first-aid kit.