Mountain bike ride through Sierra nevadaSKU: 37672
Description of Mountain bike ride through Sierra nevadaIf you are a sports lover and love to be in nature, we suggest the perfect plan so that you can enjoy some incredible moments. Our ride will take place in the state of Andalusia, passing through some of its provinces.
At the beginning of the activity, the instructor will teach you the basics to do the activity safely. We will go through the Sierra Nevada National Park until arriving the Cabo de Gata National Park. This trail has the biggest gradient that you can do in Spanish territory: from some 9,840 feet in the rocky area of the Sierra Nevada, down to 0 ft in the flat area of the beach.
This trip is characterized by the diversity of spots that we will pass by different altitudes, pains, villages, beaches...
The trip is divided into four stages with a variety of characteristics:
- Sierra Nevada-Trévelz: this part of the trip is quite difficult, we begin in the Natural and National Park of Sierra Nevada and we arrive at one of the highest villages in Spain, Trévelez. We will go over summits of up to 10,500 feet.
- Trévelz-Puerta de la Ragua: we will go through diverse terrains, like roads, ravines, the village of Juviles...until arriving at the climb of Puerto de la Ragua. This part is also quite difficult, but the altitude of the mountain drops down to 7,020 feet.
- Puerto de la Ragua-Instinción: from this stage onwards we will be closer to our final destination, Cabo de Gata National Park. So, we go into a new province and begin to go into the territory of Almería. The ecosystem also begins to change, we leave behind the trees and start to see more shrubs.
- Instinción-San José: This stage is the hardest of the entire ride, which is completed in Almería. Even though it begins with a descent to 4,600 feet, at the beginning of the stage there is a big climb in the much warmer and arid climate, which makes it difficult.
We will provide all of the necessary equipment to do the sport, we recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and especially appropriate footwear.
- Necessary equipment for the activity: GPS, GPS locator, helmet.
- Bike rental.
- Civil liability and accident insurance.
- Expert guides
- First aid kit.