Washington Irving Route on MTB Seville-GranadaSKU: 37682
Description of Washington Irving Route on MTB Seville-GranadaWe invite you to carry out the Washington Irvine route, named after an American author from the Romantic Period. The route, which runs all around from the city of Seville to Granada, is named after the writer who collected legends and his own written stories telling his experience, which you will certainly learn about thanks to our expert monitors in the area.
At the beginning the activity the monitor will give you the key basics to carry out your adventure in an appropriate fashion. The route is divided into 5 stages with a total of 250 miles. The 5 stages are the following:
- Seville-Marchena-Osuna: The first stage will be from the Andalusian capital, crossing the towns of Acalá de Guadaira and los Alcores. After passing through the streams of the River Corbones we will arrive at the regions of Marchena and Osuna. This stage covers a total of 102 miles.
- Osuna-Antequera: To continue, we will leave behind the Sevillian region of Osuna to make our way into the province of Málaga, specifically into the town of Los Llanos of Antequera, circling around the River Blanco and crossing the River Gaudalhorce, which will lead of to the ancient city of Antequera.
- Antequera-Loja: After crossing a great array of vegetation, such as pine forests and oak groves, we will arrive at the Valley of Genil. Along the path of the old mound, we will be able to observe the well-known "Peñade los enamorados". From there we will continue upward and make our way into the town of Antequera, all while crossing through the surroundings of its mountain range.
- Loja-Monefrío: The penultimate stage takes us to the town of Loja. It is a short stage but intense stage. We will be able to make out various spots like the pass of Tocón, Los Montes, and the valley of Arroyo Molinos, which takes us to the town of Montefrío.
- Montefrío-Granada: This stage begins in the town of Los Montes and takes us to Vega de Granada. We will circle around the northern area of the Parapanda range. Finally, we will cross the Real Villa Católica which will take us to our final destination, the province of Granada.
- Bicycle Rental
- Liability and Accident Insurance
- Necessary safety supplies: Helmet, First-Aid Kit, GPS, and GPS Locator
- License Guide