The Northwind Kitesurf school has been teaching this sport since 2007, off the coast of Cantabria. They are in fact one of the pioneers in the region to teach this activity.
The courses are held in small groups (of no more than 4 students) to ensure full use of the lesson. All monitors are titled by IKO (International Kitesurf Organization) and the Royal Spanish Sailing Federation. At the end of the course you will receive an IKO certification to demonstrate and prove the level you have reached.
The class offer is very varied:
- Kite Trainer: In this course you will learn to drive a traction kite on land, without a board. It can be a good way to start kitesurfing or just learn something fun and interesting.
- Baptism: This course also takes place completely on land, but in this case some elements of kitesurfing and not only kite handling are included.
- Initiation I and II: These courses are 25% on land and 75% on water. The land part is fundamentally to learn how to handle the kite. From there already in the water you will learn the technique of body drag (to move without a board) and the water start, to get on the board. The difference between one and the other is that the second course has more hours, which allows more emphasis on all water exercises.
- Waterwork: In this case the course is designed for kiters who already have a certain domain and control of both the kite and the board. It adapts to each group to perfect specific aspects such as turns, jumps, starts, etc.
- Kitepool: More than a course in itself, this activity consists in the rental and practice of kitesurfing under the supervision of monitors, but the participants really have a good level.
All courses can be done with your own material or by renting it to Northwind.