In The Espuña Adventure we offer visits to the Barrancos de Gebas, at the beginning of the Sierra de Espuña, under a global perspective, so that you have secured the activities you can do, the transfers and the food to the end of each one. In addition, we serve both in Spanish and English, as well as in German and French.
In the catalog of adventure options we have, one of the sports is always contemplated as a starting point and a lunch in our own restaurant to finish. Some of them are:
- Kayak rides inside the reservoir: we will have several hours at our disposal to let us carry or paddle at our own pace in completely flat and accessible waters.
- Rafting drops that will take us to the Segura river: we take care of moving from La Mariposa to Cieza, which is the town that will serve as a starting point. We also include a Menu of the Day in the price!
- Quad routes: they are tourist walks, at slow speeds, to give us a complete view of the natural park. The duration can be chosen, from 60 minutes to 3 hours. Prices vary according to the time you choose.
- Guided hiking trails: over the Barrancos de Gebas or Sierra Espuña. The dates are between September and May, every Second and Fourth Monday of each month. Reservation needed The cost per person, which includes a special Menu of the Day, and the easy-intermediate route of approximately 3 hours.
- Shot to the Plate with Laser: A completely different day! Play with family / friends and compete with them! At the same time enjoy the views you will see of El Berro / Sierra Espuña
From the town of Alhama de Murcia, follow the signs for Mula and Pliego ... Leaving Alhama de Murcia, you will start climbing the roads of the Sierra Espuña. Go straight, and we are about 12km from Alhama de Murcia on the right side.
In Espuña Adventures we want your contact with the kayak to be the most complete, so our main option for this is made up of an excursion in the quiet Mula reservoir that will end with a comforting lunch on the premises that we have in La Mariposa.
Before starting our adventure, it is convenient that you tell us the ages of the people who are going to practice this activity, how many you are and if you prefer that we go out in the morning or in the afternoon. With this data we will be ready to prepare the equipment you will need and develop a program that will be like this:
- We will wait for your arrival first thing to transfer you to Mula and start our session. We will usually be around 2 hours on the boats. You can navigate at your own pace and with complete peace of mind since the waters remain stable and the kayaks are handled without problem.
- We will take you back to La Marioposa where we will find our restaurant bar. It is not mandatory that you have lunch with us, just let us know before you go to the appointment. There we will eat without haste, enjoying the surroundings so we recommend that you relax and take it with all the calm that this space deserves.
Take advantage of the rafting season to make the best descent of the Segura River with The Espuña Adventure . The section we have prepared presents 16 kilometers full of fun and devoid of difficulties. That's why it's perfect to participate from 4 years old without age limits onwards.
You can usually sign up for the dates we are enabling. However, if the ones we have are not available you can contact us in the same way so that we look for an option for you. It is easier to open dates for you if you come in groups of more than 4 people.
For the descent:
- We will meet at La Mariposa around a quarter to 8 in the morning, since the earlier, the better conditions for the activity. The idea is to return to the same bridge around 13.30 in the afternoon to eat in our restaurant.
- We will provide you with : both round trip transportation to the mentioned place, as well as the precise equipment and instructors. We will also give you a small snack before the start to start with strength.
The rest is our business as long as the clothes you bring are comfortable and you avoid the flip flops on your feet. You could lose in the river so better come with something you can tie or hold well.
Buggies make you want to drive them as soon as you see them and in The Espuña Adventure we know that it is the best way to get to know our landscapes by adding excitement.
We have a total of 3 vehicles, which can be occupied by one or two people at the same time. With them we leave practically every day of the year to see the roads that surround the Sierra de Espuña. Do not worry about the total number of seats because if you want us to organize an excursion for more than 6 people at the same time, we can add several quads to the route.
The purpose of these walks is to be calm and serve us to explore the small animals that live here between forests and broom. They are not excursions in which it is sought to limit the speed of these small cars since the park requires us not to exceed 20 kilometers per hour.
We will always include food, unless you specify otherwise. This will take place in our La Mariposa restaurant and will add to any of these options:
- 1 hour route : gives us time to take a circle tour and see the waters of the reservoir at some distance.
- 2-hour itinerary : it is the most requested. It allows us to reach the reservoir and swim if we feel like it and the temperature is good, which happens in almost every month of the year.
- 3-hour walk : we extend the circuit to see different views of the whole environment.
If you don't know the Barrancos de Gebas, come and see them on the quads that The Espuña Adventure have ready for you. You do not need to know how to drive them although it is convenient that you have a type B driving license (the usual one for passenger cars).
The moment, more than ever, you decide because any day of the year is good to organize a trip. The second decision to be made will be which of the excursions you want to participate in. They are distinguished by their duration and for all we must respect a maximum speed of 20 km / hour since we will travel through a natural space:
- 60-minute excursion : it consists of a circle route where we get to see the reservoir at some distance. Perfect for a first contact with the environment and with the vehicle.
- 120 minute trip : time with which we have reached the water limit. Bring a swimsuit because it is a suitable place to dive if you feel like it.
- 3 hour route : the most complete of all. This time we want you to see the entire landscape from different points to appreciate its details.
As we return, we eat at our property's restaurant located in La Mariposa. We recommend this option to have a full day but you can also book only the activity in quad.