In Birch Mountain Guides we operate from our hostel in Los Meleses from where we dominate all the leisure possibilities of the Sierra de Guara . Each discipline is carried out with our knowledgeable instructors, in detail, of the environment in which we operate. They will be in charge of guiding you in:
- Exits of caving : in which we check what the saw looks like from the inside.
- Ascent of via ferrata : in search of a perspective from the heights of the elements that make up the Pyrenees through elements installed in the rock that will allow us to achieve it without difficulty.
- Climbing : taking advantage of the countless routes that meet in the area.
- Hiking : through natural and urban landscapes with which we return to the Middle Ages in Huesca.
- Paintball : we leave tensions aside to compete among our friends by downloading paintballs among the participants.
- Rafting : for adults and children from the age of 8, you cannot leave the Pyrenees of the Oscense without getting an impression of this activity.
- Canyoning : with descents for any profile and impressive dry vertical routes where the rappel takes center stage.
In Birch Mountain Guides we go through the ravines of Huesca according to its different characteristics to offer you the one that you most want, with or without a water route.
Some of the ones we have chosen for you:
- The O Ciego ravine : its spectacularity is at its height since from the top to the bottom we have a total of 170 meters. We will approach them in two phases, a first one of 45 meters and a chilling final section that we will rappel until we touch again.
- El Barranco de Lazas : in the area it is also known as Huerto Mayor and requires experience in the activity. Once inside, the obstacles increase their complexity progressively until they reach a final abseil that coincides with the previous case and reaches 170 meters.
These options are recommended for those looking for a new challenge in this type of ravines but it is advisable that we follow them in small groups so as not to hinder each other.
In Birch Mountain Guides we take you rafting to the channels that surround the Pyrenees and the Sierra de Guara . It is one of the most recommended sports to do in a group as we board collective boats, from up to 8 seats , in whitewater that will require everyone's collaboration to successfully overcome them.>
We work in sections of the rivers:
- Esera : with a first segment so simple that it allows the participation of children from 8 years. The complete tour or only the final and most violent section is reserved for adults.
- Cinca : it hardly presents any difficulty, so it is recommended for a first incursion in which we will have fun without the tension that the activity is complicated at times.
- Ara : suitable for strong sensations due to the large currents that are formed coinciding with the thaw.
To get on the raft, we must first have put on several protection elements: helmet, life jacket and neoprene so that we are more comfortable with the water temperature.
Paintball is an original activity that combines physical exercise with strategy, skill, intelligence and rapport with the rest of the game's components. It consists of the collaboration-opposition, where the main objective is the elimination of the opposing team or the achievement of a secondary objective that arises.
These are some of the game modes we have prepared for you in Birch Paintball Mountain Guides :
If you want to enjoy the excitement of a true game of paintball, contact Birch Paintball Mountain Guides and we will organize an unforgettable day. You will have a great time with your friends, colleagues in the company or with whomever you want.
In Birch Mountain Guides we know the most interesting points in terms of historical and natural value of the Pyrenees of Huesca and we want to share them with you through attractive hiking trails such as:
- The road between Alquezar, Asque and Colungo : we start from the town that retains its appearance since the Middle Ages and take direction to the destination by visiting the Ermitas characteristics of the area. p >
- Sierra de Sevil : a journey that begins at a height that exceeds one thousand meters or provides interesting perspectives of the Sierra de Guara and the Pyrenean mountain range.
- The Sierra de Rufas : we will enter the vestiges of the shepherds in the area between Betorz and Tozal de Asba.
- Las Chimiachas : the whole itinerary goes through rural roads that will leave us next to the ravine that forms the Vero River.
- The Cunarda Portal : we will visit a spectacular opening in the mountain carved by the passage of time on the rock.
You can decide to complete the route in a single day with return to your destination or stay with us staying in our hostel.
Birch mountain guides will teach you the basics of climbing on the ground. After a brief introduction to the material and functions of the climber, we will depart to the chosen location to continue evolving in real situation. For this we have:
- Vadiello : it brings together 300 different limestone rock routes which will allow your instructor to propose the most convenient ones for the level you are present.
- La Predicadera : with two dozen possible routes and sections where we can ascend to 140 meters high.
- Olvena : in which numerous groups of climbers meet for their breadth of degrees.
- Alquezar : we will find it within the medieval nucleus of the same name. Those of us who are not accustomed will find ideal points to start.
- Los Mallos de Riglos : in addition to climbing it is a recommended place due to the magnificence and dimensions of its natural spaces.
With Birch Mountain Guides you can climb to the highest peaks of the Sierra de Guara without having to prepare for climbing. We will travel to the mountain peaks through the ferrata routes installed at different points of our area of influence:
- Regina : we will face the most extensive itinerary of this type in the Catalan community, always ascending until reaching unattainable views for the traditional tourist.
- Peñas Juntas : Among its advantages are the steps and rope bridges and boards with which it is equipped.
- El Sorrosal : its strong point lies in the 40-meter waterfalls that we will find at the end of the trip.
- Santo Cristo : with less than fifteen years since its installation, it is very easy to access in almost the entire route.
- Baumes Corcades : about 4,000 meters of itinerary for one of the most popular routes through the landscapes that leave us along its route.
In Birch Mountain Guides we bring you closer to the underground world that you see hidden under the Sierra de Guara through caving.
For these expeditions we will use our instructors, experts in the field. We do not recommend that you start one of these outings without professional help for safety. In these days.
- We make a first approach in our vehicles to the point closest to the entrance of the cavity that we are going to explore. It will be there where we equip ourselves with the monkeys that will protect our clothes and put on the helmets with independent light. It will also be time to resolve the last remaining questions about the course of the activity.
- Already at the entrance of the cave it is usual that we make a small installation of material and place the ropes that allow us to enter cavities with a dangerous slope.
- Inside we will find the first surprises, such as formations in all senses of the rock, galleries of different lengths and large rooms that contrast with catheters that will require us some physical effort to overcome.