The Kilometer Zero Forest is a tourism company recognized and approved as such by the Provincial Delegation of Tourism Commerce and Sports of Cádiz.
The starting point to visit the mountains and take advantage of its leisure opportunities are our facilities in the town of El Bosque. We are specialists in rural tourism and we offer everything you need to make the most of your visit in the Sierra de Cádiz. We have agreements with more than one hundred companies to offer you the best of the Sierra at the best price.
Any activity you can think of to spend those moments of leisure and fun that you want to dedicate for yourself and yours have it in The Zero Kilometer Forest .
Our clients are varied, from couples wanting to discover the natural environment of the Sierra, to groups of people interested in knowing our White Villages and enjoying their resources. We have individualized packages and activities for young people and senior citizens.
Get in touch with us and come and enjoy nature, sports and adventure in the company of yours.
In Kilometer Zero Forest we move to the Sierra de Grazalema to dare with the canyoning.
This exciting activity begins on a stretch walking along small nature trails that will take us to the highest level of the canyon. From there:
- The monitor will explain what materials we will use . In addition to personal equipment, such as wetsuit and helmet, we will carry with us ropes and harnesses destined to overcome the most abrupt obstacles by means of strips and abseils.
- At the moment of crossing the river canyon, we will always be in a group , adapting the global rhythm to the average of the members. After each jump or swimming section, we will wait until the last of the participants reaches the finish point. It is essential that nobody goes on their own so as not to put you in danger.
With these tips, comfortable clothes, preferably bathing and footwear that you don't mind getting wet and non-slip, you will be prepared to join any of our descents.
The guides The Kilometro Zero Trekking Forest are perfectly trained and their job is to make it, whatever the activity chosen by the visitor, they like. You can make hiking trails through different places of the province of Cádiz:
- The Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park: we will show you its most peculiar aspects through paths and paths that change their appearance according to the time of year.
- Archaeological Route of the White Villages: we will enter the most picturesque urban centers of the area.
- Monumental Route: we will reach the points where remains of Andalusian culture and historical heritage remain.
- Green Throat: we will tackle the walking section that surrounds this popular ravine.
- Pinsapar: we will leave Las Canteras to know this area full of fir trees in a time that will exceed 4 hours.
The activities and facilities of The Kilometro Zero Forest Trekking are studied and prepared to welcome the visitor with expectations of spending a few days disconnecting from the routine and daily stress Leaving aside the summer sedentary lifestyle that is so harmful to health.
Chipiona » Cádiz
At Kilometer Zero Forest we propose our horseback riding with different alternatives within the Sierra de Grazalema and Alcornocales .
These Cádiz landscapes will take us away from the idea that the only tourist value of the province is on its coast since in this environment we will know different ecosystems of a high ecological value. This is the case of the well-known Pinsapar , populated by hundreds of trees that will transport us to another sensory level on the back of our horses.
We recommend the horse ride if you are looking for a way to get to know the region that leaves the usual, allows you to contemplate nature as it is and at a quiet pace, and in a means of transport that does not leave a trace of its passage through the paths and paths we use.
Before embarking on the route, we will evaluate the total level of the group and choose the appropriate route for the majority of its members while also giving the pertinent explanations about the handling of the horse.
At Kilometer Zero Forest we have an active tourism center in the Sierra de Grazalema from which we propose an entertaining outdoor archery session.
This discipline admits the participation of adults, young people and young children since, if the advice of our instructors is followed, it is not dangerous.
In addition to using the already known materials, the bow and arrows, we can use protections for the arms designed to avoid friction caused by the tension of the bow. We will also avoid incidents by staying alert to:
- How to hold the bow : you must do it firmly and gently at the same time, with the body in the right position.
- Where to fix the vision at the time of aiming : hitting the target requires our direct vision but there are certain tricks that you can put into practice from the first session.
The complete procedure will go hand in hand with our instructors so you don't have to bring prior knowledge.
At Kilometer Zero Forest we know in detail the caves that extend in the Sierra de Grazalema and we are prepared to help you discover them.
Both in the province of Cádiz and its surroundings, we find a whole system of underground galleries of tens of kilometers that we can know individually according to their difficulty.
One of the examples in the Cadiz part is the cave of La Excéntrica, in Igualeja, recommended for those who start in caving for its short route and easy entry.
Belonging to the province of Malaga we find the spectacular dimensions of the Los Órganos cavity and some proposals in which we will advance through galleries flooded by water like the Cat's cave.
Any of the expeditions is done following the steps of one of our environmental guides. The biggest advantage of following a professional is that he knows what the journey is like and what awaits us in each room we are accessing.
The Kilometer Zero Forest takes you through the surroundings of the mountain range of Cádiz aboard the company's mountain bikes .
You can use them to follow routes under the supervision of our environmental guides . In these excursions we mix the sporting side of MTB with the interpretation of the places we are going through. Our backdrop will be the Sierra de Grazalema and Alcornocales, with points as remarkable as the Pinsapar, where the landscape changes dramatically in only a few tens of meters.
We also leave you the mountain bike on a rental basis, from 1 hour to half a day , with a maximum of 5 hours. In these cases we can advise you on the most suitable and accessible routes for pedaling, with attention to the different difficulties that may arise and it will be important to adapt to your age and physical condition.
In both cases you will have to wear a helmet and clothes that are not uncomfortable on the bicycle. In the same way, the most suitable footwear is sports.