In Vive Asturias we have specialized in offering you experiences in which you will feel that you identify with the culture, history and nature of this region. We do not intend to organize activities in general, but proposals intimately linked to the tradition and characteristic spaces of the Asturian community focusing on what makes it different from others.
This concept gives rise to various forms of tourism, both active and educational:
- Cultural and agro-ecological : from mining to beekeeping, through the production of cheese and cider, they are contemplated in the main Asturian museums. Our mission is that you will be a direct part of it what you will do in the Pozo Sotón, dedicated to mining, or in the different specific exhibitions for each area.
In addition to visits listening to the guide you can be part of activities in which the participation of children or adults is requested to be integrated into the traditional production processes.
- Active tourism : based on those plans that foster a complete vision of Asturias in connection with its valleys, peaks and natural parks. Horse riding and fishing are two of the activities we can try in the surroundings of the Nalón River.
River fishing is one of the possibilities that Vive Asturias opens for you. As a scenario we have chosen the Nalón River because it is one of the most representative at the national level for trout capture.
You can come to increase your skills as a fisherman during the right season for it. This begins at the end of March and runs until mid-August. On these dates it is allowed to practice this sport daily except for Thursdays when it is prohibited.
Only you need to bring your fishing equipment , or get some before you go, since the training will be given by one of our instructors. It will teach you what you need to know to fly fishing in groups that will not exceed 5 people. So you can answer all your questions calmly.
We will move to authorized areas for fishing without trout death. One of them is close to the Natural Park of Networks , in Campo de Caso, there are also preserves in Laviana and Sotrondio. In these areas you will enjoy the recovery work carried out in recent years that allow us today to find a large number of specimens in its waters.
From Live Asturias we provide you with a natural environment with which to wrap your paintball battles. A scenario characterized by the birches, oaks and chestnuts of a forest of an area of 1 hectare will be the perfect protection for your strategy.
The games we prepare are aimed at participants who have already turned 14 . The only requirement to be part of this adventure before reaching the age of majority is that the child's parents authorize it in writing.
The confrontation has an average duration of 2 hours in which you will have to make an adequate management of the ammunition you have. In principle you will be given 100 biodegradable paintballs that do not pose any danger to the environment. However, there is always the option to extend the refills so that those with an easy trigger do not stay halfway.
The markers that are delivered to each player are semi-automatic and very agile when shooting. Your protection, in addition to your ability to hide from the opponent, will consist of a face mask, a vest and gloves to prevent damage to the hands. The mimicked monkey will help you hide among the vegetation without being detected.
With Vive Asturias you can cross the Natural Park of Redes on horseback at any time of the year. We organize routes that take as a starting point the Cuadra Los Arrudos and head towards the surroundings of the Nalón river.
These excursions adapt well to any level because, those who do not know how to ride, will have the full collaboration of the instructors. These will teach you the rules to be safe during the itinerary and will indicate the basic instructions for you to communicate with the horses on expeditions that:
- They are aimed at adults as well as children . The children can ride from 6 years old, even from 5 years old if the parents indicate that they have enough solidity on the animal to do so.
- They follow different times in summer and winter : during the summer we start the routes at 10 am in the morning and you can leave until 7 pm. During the coldest months the start time is advanced at 9 am with the aim of taking advantage of all daylight hours until 5 pm.
We also have enough horses to attend groups up to a total of 10 people. These types of visits have special discounts.
In Live Asturias you have the most realistic archery sessions. We have replaced the classic targets with 3-dimensional figures made of foam that are hidden in the forest waiting for adventurers like you who dare to find them.
You can participate in this circuit from the age of 9, provided that children bring written consent from their guardians. We will spend 1 hour in total on this organized experience as follows:
- The first part, after the encounter with the players, is dedicated to the explanations about the use of the material and the rules of the game. We will give you details on how to throw with the bow and the aspects to take into account so that the arrow reaches where we want. We will also wear gloves and a protector so as not to hurt the arm that supports the arch.
- Then we will start a tour where we will find the animal reproductions that will be our goal. They are willing at different levels to demand more and more as shooters. In this way we can create a competition for points among all the participants that integrate the group.
In Live Asturias we give you a cultural walk from all perspectives that characterize the history and customs of this part of the northern peninsula. We do it through its different museums and institutions focused on getting the public to understand the evolution of this Autonomous Community and its main ways of life.
Our proposals are didactic and accessible to the whole family as we choose to:
- Cultural tourism : which leads us to visit exhibitions based on traditional trades, such as the one based in the Sotón mining well where we are given the opportunity to become one of these professionals for a few hours. In case we can make an approach similar to beekeeping or the wood industry. They will also show us the main points from Entrealgo to Villoria with a theatrical tour inspired by the novel “The Lost Village”.
- Agro-eco tourism : a form of leisure that is an approach, from an educational point of view, to the most popular forms of Asturian production. We will pass through the Llagar de Sidra de Castañón or Quesería la Corte. In the classroom El Molín de la Chalana they will show us the cycle that follows the bread until it reaches any table.