Beach or mountain? With Turkana you no longer have to choose. This company specialized in adventure sports offers courses and activities both aquatic and outdoor. Its facilities are located in the municipality of San Pedro del Pinatar, about 50 kilometers east of the city of Murcia.
The water sports it offers are all through courses, in which you can learn and reach enough level to be able to practice them on your own on successive occasions:
- Diving: Learn the secrets of diving and dive from a boat where you can see the depths of the Mediterranean Sea. You can opt for a baptism course if you are not sure you like diving and want to try it. There are also courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced level.
- Kitesurf: It is neither windsurfing nor surfing, but it brings together elements of both. This sport is increasingly demanded on Spanish beaches because of its simplicity and spectacularity. Learn to practice it with Turkana courses, which are aimed at people with all levels of experience.
There are also other water activities such as whale watching excursions or sailing courses.
On the other hand, you can also enjoy more traditional adventure activities in the Pargue Regional de las Salinas: hiking, paintball ...
Explore the depths of the Mediterranean Sea thanks to the Turkana Diving courses . This water sports school is located in the town of San Pedro del Pinatar, just over half an hour drive from the city of Murcia.
The philosophy of the center is to start all the people who want it in the world of diving. Diving is an exciting sport but it can be a bit intimidating because it seems very complex due to all the material used, which is done underwater, etc. From Turkana they want to prove that this is not the case, and that everyone can dive with the right preparation.
The courses are of all levels, and are taught by qualified monitors:
- Diving Baptism: Not sure if you will like diving or not? Try the diving baptism course to see what sensations you will experience and so you can decide better. This course consists of a brief introduction to diving with immersion accompanied by an included monitor. Surely you know little and want to continue learning with more advanced courses.
- Level I Course: This course is designed for beginners and aims to explain in a simple and understandable way all the fundamentals of this sport. Everything is explained from scratch so that all students can understand and understand it without problems. There are 4 dives in the sea from boat and at the end of the course each student should be able to dive alone to a depth of 20 meters.
- Level II Course: In this case the course is advanced, for people who already have experience in the world of diving. There are also 4 dives but deepening much more in all aspects, especially those that have to do with safety, rescue, etc. At the end of the course you can dive to a depth of 30 meters.
Turkana Kitesur is located in the town of San Pedro del Pinatar, on the Murcian coast , just 50 kilometers from the city of Murcia. It is a water sports school specialized in bringing this type of activity to people of all ages.
One of the sports you can do with Turkana is kitesurfing. This sport was invented in the 70s by a Dutchman who decided to try surfing by grabbing a small paraglider. Today his practice has spread throughout the world, and Spain is no less. It is an activity that is not difficult to learn but in which it is very important to have good teachers. The reason is that, when using the wind as a means of propulsion, it is necessary to know a series of safety regulations related to wind speed and force, weather conditions, what to do in unforeseen situations, etc. With Turkana you can learn all this and, of course, the best techniques to kite in the company of qualified professional monitors.
You can do both weekend and courses from Monday to Friday. At the end of them you will know all the basic rudiments to be able to rent material on your own and practice kitesurfing without anyone's supervision.
Enjoy nature while exercising with the Turkana Hiking trails. This company is located in San Pedro del Pinatar, Murcia, about 30 minutes by car from the city of Murcia.
From there they organize hiking trails for all types of people as long as the groups are at least 8 people . The route and its difficulty can always be adapted to the physical level of each group. If you want to exercise more, you can do a route that has more slopes and is a bit steeper, but those who simply want to enjoy a pleasant walk in the countryside do not have to worry because there are also very simple and bearable routes.
All pass through the Salinas Regional park. This space is known for the beauty of its landscapes made up of ponds and pine forests where you can see all kinds of animals: flamingos, albatrosses, herons. This is because it is one of the places where many bird species make a stopover on their journey to North Africa in late summer.
So that you can appreciate all this better you will count on the invaluable company of a Turkana guide, who will take care of telling you everything you need to know about the route and the regional park.
Have you ever seen a bottlenose dolphin up close? And a common whale? Now you can with Turkana Whale Watching. This company organizes whale watching expeditions along the coast of Murcia, leaving from its facilities in San Pedro del Pinatar.
Specifically, the crossing takes place through the Grosa and Farallón Island Reserve. This space is a Specially Protected Area of Importance for the Mediterranean (ZEPIM) due to the richness and diversity of its flora and fauna. You will also have the opportunity to get off both on Grossa Island and on the Farallón islet. Both places are well known to scuba divers because their funds present all kinds of surprises, from fish and unheard plants to several sunken ships.
And of course, along the way you can see dolphins sailing very close to the boat, and it is also very frequent to see the majestic whale in the distance. Enjoy a unique and unrepeatable experience with Turkana Whale Watching.