We are the Moncayo Hidden Face Guides and we are going to show it to you with the solidity that only professional guides can give you. Much of our effort is carried out by training and leisure programs in climbing, although we also propose other variants and modalities so that you can benefit from everything we have learned from this part of the peninsula. We do it through:
- Guided activities : with different profiles so that the whole family can accommodate them. We can organize climbing sessions of a basic level or take you to the Ferratas de la Mora or El Sorrosal among others, watching places like the Mallos de Riglos rise before us.
If you dare with the climbing in ridges, we like to go to the edges of Paset al Marbore or to which it receives the name of the Three Counselors in the Neouvielle Peak. To get ready you can join an initiation trip to the full day climb.
- Courses with specific contents : with which we teach you such interesting and necessary concepts how to learn to fall in a safe, correct way and losing fear. You can also focus on the fundamentals of sport climbing with the sessions we do in Calcena, or decide on classic climbing at any time of the year.
To cross the winding roads that take us to Calcena, for any of its accesses it will be above all entertaining, we have 3 options if we come from the North, Soria, Logroño, etc. We will end in the southern part of the Moncayo, as it passes through Beratón we will descend the birth of Isuela and entering fully into the ravines and walls of this Natural Park, the version of Zaragoza and western Spain is the entrance from the Jalón river from the exit From Morata de Jalón, we will follow the route of the Castles that after several plains of flat land, we will enter the Isuela river where we will contemplate the emergence of colors and geological formations of contrasts in different stages. The version perhaps faster from the slope east Madrid A2, at the height of the Frasno we can already see the molars and the mountainous terrain that awaits us, passing and tracing the Aranda river channel, as it passes through the capital of the Region, Illueca main shopping and services center in this area, where we can stock up to continue towards our destination, continuing along the newly improved road to Soria, which we will leave to change the valley at the well-marked crossing. All roads lead to Calcena.
With Hidden Face Guides you finally have specific training in mountain climbing . We believe that safety should be the common point in any promotion, so we will teach you to be your main concern in any expedition through knowledge of the different materials and techniques.
The different courses that we usually propose are about:
- Sport climbing : while we remain outdoors, you will know the bases of this discipline by locating what physical qualities we need for your practice. We will reserve an important space to get started in the material that is used and how it keeps us safe.
- Classic climbing : with which we focus on those mountain walls that are not equipped, attending to those that consist of more than one length. We will show you ways to progress and protect yourself during the activity with what you will gain in autonomy to make outings for yourself.
- Learn how to fall : after an ascent, in a sought or unconscious way, we can fall while the ropes secure us. With these lessons we will know the right way to do it so that our security is not compromised.
- Self-rescue : it is important that you know how to act in case of danger. We will tell you how to anticipate problems that may arise to avoid them whenever possible.
Try something new for your last single days by narrowing your bond with your friends outdoors with Hidden Face Guides. In addition to courses we have organized activities through which you can have a first contact with the ascents in the spectacular places of Aragon. Some ideas are:
- Initiation to climbing in Calcena : we will spend the whole day on the mountain making you discover that you are capable of supporting yourself with the only strength of your limbs. It will be one of our technicians to help you take each of these steps, so you can be sure of acquiring a firm basis to make further progress in this sport. We can also change location if you have a preference for a different place.
- Group ferrata : perfect itineraries to match everyone's sports level because you will be helped by staples, cables and bridges that are already installed in the rock. Approaching the Capurno Bridge we will see the Morata de Jalón torcas, heading to the Mora we will get a very good overview of the Mallos de Riglos and staying in the Hippocratic we will be ascending through the Hidden Face of the Moncayo.