The Coves de Sant Josep give us a journey through time from inside the earth. It is the place you do not expect to visit in the way you do not imagine and is waiting for you in the Vall de Uxó to show you an underground river that stands out in Europe for being the one that allows the most navigable route of the continent.
- A place and different ways to get to know it : during the season visitors access the cave in two sections. The first has 800 meters and is completed by boat while the second, characterized by being a dry part, will be done along 255 meters.
Already out of season the possibility of making a route of espeleokayak is enabled. Instead of using large collective boats, we will go up to two-seater kayaks and we will paddle until we complete the part where you can sail.
- Options for the whole family : there are no restrictions regarding age for access to Sant Josep. In addition to the adult rate there is a child that begins to be contemplated from 101 centimeters to 12 years included. Babies do not pay admission with the only requirement to go in arms in the boat so that their place is not counted.
The Coves de Sant Josep open a totally unexpected way for kayaking that, this time, we will do underground. We will explore the largest river in the European continent using these simple boats.
Ahead we will have a total of 800 meters of underground channel that are usually completed in about 1 hour and a half in a proposal that:
- Start with the preparation of participants who will have to leave in a group of at least 6 people and a maximum of 14. Children may come if they have already reached 10 years old . Safety material and a wetsuit will be provided to all. You will have costumes to change.
The right footwear that you have to wear is made up of boots or sneakers and a swimsuit is convenient.
- We will leave after the professional guides of the caves distributed in single or double kayaks carrying a shovel each. While we move through this circuit it is important that we pay attention to the details of the cavity so that we can appreciate it as it deserves.
- There is another area of galleries that the river does not reach. They are 250 meters for which we will be given the opportunity to walk them on foot.
Join us to uncover the mysteries of the longest cavity in Castellón in Vall de Uxó with a tour of the Grottos of San José . They offer an underground experience for the whole family that has through it the opportunity to explore part of the nearly 3000 meters of galleries that compose it.
There is no age limit to enjoy this gift of nature in the Sierra de Espadán. Children less than 1.01 tall will enter free of charge and those who are up to 13 years old will pay the children's rate. There are also several ways to get to know it:
- Classic visit : it consists of a section in large boats that add a special charm to the adventure. We will cross the cave sailing for 800 meters. Once we reach the dry stretch we will have more than 250 meters to walk through its galleries.
- Espeleokayak : allows us a slightly more intimate connection Sant Josep by using one or two seater kayaks. For 90 minutes we will see its composition closely while we paddle in these light boats. We will also end by walking along the non-navigable section. A minimum age of 10 years is recommended to participate.
The Costa de Azahar has hidden natural values with the naked eye and the most representative example of this is the Coves de Sant Josep . This incomparable underground area has the inland river with the possibility of more extensive navigation in Europe and is within your reach in La Vall d’Uixó.
We will know its caves and galleries that still await great mysteries because it has not yet been possible to determine the point where it ends in an experience of these characteristics:
- After acquiring our tickets at the box office we will have around 40 minutes of visit ahead with a pleasant temperature that stays at 20 degrees regardless of the season. Adults and children can access considering children's rate from 101 cm high and up to 13 years. The youngest will enter without occupying a place sharing it with their parents.
- We will find a jetty, already inside the cave, where the guide will take us to boats with which we will navigate along 800 meters. We will do 255 more walking along its dry stretch.
However, Coves de Sant Josep, in the Sierra de Espadán, is not the only place of interest in the surroundings. We will also take the opportunity to take a tour of the archaeological site formed by the Íbero Village in the upper part of the hill.