In My Sierra de Gata we feed on the richness and variety that we find in the natural sites of the Valley of the Pilas and Árrago to introduce you to the knowledge of the fauna and flora that make up this protected area.
We approach the most scenic places by:
- Hiking trails : without difficulty and so that you can share them with the whole family, discovering the vestiges of ancient civilizations of which there are still remains and riverside forests that extend to either side of the river.
- Ornithological walks : in addition to being usual that we meet vultures or eagles during our visit to the area in northwestern Extremadura, we have specific trips to bird observatories where we will have the opportunity to contemplate them in their midst.
- 4x4 departures : for all tastes, with departures from 3 hours to full day. These vehicles will take us to the top of the mountain range, they will help us get closer to the birds and will give us the opportunity to attend the sunset, checking how the night falls.
In My Sierra de Gata 4x4 we put at your disposal our all-terrain vehicles to get to know Sierra de Gata and Hurdes in depth.
Our goal is to always offer you a different alternative that will open the doors of a new itinerary every time you want to repeat. For this we have thought of the following routes:
- From the heights : we will meet at Downloadmaría for a journey of 3 hours and a half through which we will seek to exceed 1,500 meters of altitude reaching the upper peak of the saw.
- Ornithological route : more than 3 hours of adventure towards the bird watching point that will bring us closer to two of the most characteristic and impressive species in the area, The Griffon Vulture and the Black.
- Submerged in the mountains : a full day excursion with a stop in a prehistoric dolmen, the bird observatory, the Los Angeles jet and the well-known region of the Hurdes.
- Full moon : we meet before sunset waiting for the moon to rise watching the changing colors in the environment. We will do it from the highest point of the mountain after what we will walk to “La Bolla”.
Losar De La Vera » Cáceres
Jerte » Cáceres
Malpartida De Plasencia » Cáceres
In My Sierra de Gata Ornithology we take advantage of our excellent position to the northwest of the Extremadura Community to show you the natural secrets of the Árrago Valley .
We are in a situation especially suitable for bird watching. In fact, this area has been typified as ZEPA zone to guarantee the protection of the species that inhabit it.
Some of our keys:
- We will leave in companies of guides that live in the same region , since we consider that they are the most apt to discover the values of the places that we are visiting.
- Some of the most common animals with which we can cross are the eagles and vultures that display all their spectacularity in the flights they make from one point to another in the valley.
- Each tour is established according to the group that comes to join us, looking for the perfect option you are adults, a family or students of a school.
We will ensure that you get a global impression of the area, providing interesting details about the rest of the fauna and vegetation that make up this ecosystem.
In My Sierra de Gata we know where the most interesting points of this area of Extremadura are located and we have decided to take you to know them by hiking.
You can choose from the catalog of routes already established or request the customization of any of the itineraries:
- A little history in the heart of the mountains : a walk that can reach 2 hours without difficulty, passing the remains left by the Roman civilization. We can still observe what was a village, a beautiful bridge covered with vegetation and, ahead of time, a Jewish hermitage.
- From the river to the pine forest : neither will we find complexity in a path that runs parallel to the river which leads us to its lush forests, offering us a changing landscape according to the season of the year.
In addition, there are special options for specific groups and students of institutions and schools. We will transfer a training proposal in full nature, with a day in which we will know for ourselves the functioning of the ecosystem of our natural parks and the importance of preserving them.
Losar De La Vera » Cáceres
Jerte » Cáceres
Navas Del Madroño » Cáceres