Tips if you are going to do Ballooning in Sevilla
If you have always dreamt about ballooning, now you have that possibility and what better than doing it overflying the marvelous Sevilla’s landscapes. To go ballooning in Seville is an experience that shows you from the heights the areas that surround the Doñana National Park, passing through the skies of Corredor Verde del Guadimar.
Seville offers the best aerial views that you could ever imagine, what are you waiting to check it yourself?
A balloon ride is a complete experience that doesn’t have a lot of steps. The fun part is to be part of it and is not to only concentrate in the time we will pass in the skies. The first part of these phases is that the day you want to enjoy the activity is the adequate one to fly, always depending on weather circumstances. Several days before, the pilot will check and confirm if the trip is safe, that there are nor rains nor strong winds in the forecast.
Here, you can watch a video of a balloon ride through Seville so you can warm up and get ready:
If everything is ok to carry out the activity, he/she will meet you at the meeting point half an hour before the sunrise. Normally, this coincides with the 8 hours of the morning, earlier during the Summer and a little bit later during the Winter months. One of the most common places to meet is in San Lúcar la Mayor, located 16 kilometers from the capital of Seville.
Already in the take-off location, you will find the professionals who will take charge of the flight preparing the balloon, inflating it and standing the basket, in which you and the rest the passengers will go. You are invited to participate in these tasks so you can learn them.
Once the inflation process is over, the passengers board the basket accompanied by the pilot who will be adjusting the last details to begin the flight. Both adults and kids can enjoy this adventure, children need to have at least 6 years and have the minimum height so they can peep from the basket. In the skies, we will be around 60 minutes and a hour and a half since it will be determined by the weather characteristics.
Once we go back and land, you will find the company’s car waiting for you to pick you up. Inside, there will be breakfast for everyone and the flight baptism degrees. Also, we will make a toast with champagne to celebrate the experience, that in total, is supposed to last 4 hours.
In Seville, you can find balloon rides offers like this one:
- Group flights with breakfast: A trip for adults and kids with at least 12 years, through the proximities of Doñana. You will fly inside shared baskets, in groups with up to 8 people that the company will arrange.
When overflying Corredor Verde del Guadimar the north of Doñana can be appreciated, known as “prepark” and areas like Aznalcázar. The kids will always be accompanied by, at least, one adult and also have a reduced price.
- Couple flights: You can book a hot-air balloon as a gift, and share it with that special someone and make a toast with a champagne bottle. When booking this modality, you can buy it for an inferior price to the regular offer, and save money.
- Private Flights Through Seville: If you prefer to be alone with your loved one, obviously with the pilot, but that’s it, you also have the opportunity to book private sessions. Is the perfect occasion to declare your love and even ask for her/his hand.
- Private Rentals for Groups: If you decide to travel with more people but without sharing the basket with other passengers that are not part of your group, you have offers for groups (starting from 5 participants) or with baskets for up to 12 passengers.
The main places to go ballooning in Seville are:
- Doñana National Park: Fly next to the surroundings and over its 100.000 hectares, where more than 300 species of different birds live. To see them from the skies is a marvelous thing!
- Corredor Verde del Guardiamar: From the highest peak, discover the great affluent of Guadalquivir, several kilometers from the sea mouth. Its greenery mixes with the castles, the cereal lands, and the meadows next to the region of Aljarafe.
Don’t forget about bringing that special person and a photo camera to immortalize this unique experience.
Check all the ballooning companies in Seville.