The Eight Climbing is a climbing school that has its official headquarters in Arico-Tenerife, where it offers several services to both local, national and foreign public in 4 languages.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Climbing courses at the level of initiation and improvement: in this way you can start on the ascent in rock with us or tell us what aspects you need to work as usual in the mountain.
- Climbing of several lengths in traditional and sports style: we accompany you to learn to face various modalities.
- Climbing workshops for children, adolescents and adults: adapting the contents to the vital moment that the student is going through, always taking into account their learning abilities.
- Celebration of birthday parties in nature with recreational activities, incentives for companies.
The team of this school is made up of climbing technicians nationwide, recognized as climbing guides by the Spanish Association of mountain guides.
It demands quality, demands qualified guides!
In the Eight Climbing we organize activities as a workshop that will allow you to get to know this sport. Thanks to them you will have the opportunity to feel the sensations transmitted and know the characteristic volcanic rock of the island of Tenerife. You can learn some basic gestural and safety techniques.
If you have some experience and want to expand your knowledge, we encourage you to create your own climbing workshop according to your needs, choosing among the possible combinations we offer you:
- Gestural techniques , positioning and the equilibrium point to be reached during the departures you make.
- Safety and progression maneuvers first, establishing a solid foundation before moving to more complex techniques.
- Learn dynamically ensure and fall without suffering any kind of damage during practice.
- Know how to manage fear in climbing through the visualization of the environment. It is also important to internalize how to stay focused and the tactics-strategy that you will follow to the goal you have set for each occasion.
Canyoning is a popular activity on the island of Tenerife, and in general in the Canary Islands. You can find hundreds of possibilities to enjoy this activity, in a unique environment in nature.
The great most of the ravines are dry , with some with a moderate water flow, but which will logically vary depending on the time of year.
We can find ravines of a very varied technical level, predominantly the low-middle level , with rappels from 10 to 70 meters, becoming partakers of impressive geological formations that mostly lead us to finally enjoy A good dip in the cool waters of the Atlantic.
Instead of offering you concrete descents, by the names of the ravines, we consider a classification by levels, from initiation to advanced, more appropriate. So we adapt the activity to the group, even if you come with children . In general they take at least 6 hours and can arrive at 10 am in the case of the largest stretches. We usually meet at 8 a.m. to make sure we have plenty of time to finish it.
El Ocho Escalada organizes multi-adventure camps in Tenerife focused on active sports. In them we carry out vertical activities that are focused so that they serve all audiences and guarantee an excellent way to strengthen concentration, agility and coordination.
We have weekly camps , 5 days, and other weekend camps for kids between 6 and 14 years old . In both cases they are without a stay and we take care of providing bus transportation. From Monday to Friday the participants are with us from 7.30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (without transfers).
Due to the various activities that we are going to find, in an unusual vertical environment, with a touch of commitment and in constant contact with nature, this activity becomes a special way to stimulate the psychomotor skills , the very important senses and certain social and human values. We contribute to the work of fellowship, self-confidence, in the spirit of self-improvement and sacrifice, etc ...).
String activities develop our senses by constantly testing ourselves, a hard task in which we must find the balance between our intuitive and intellectual side. Basically we seek to stimulate the development of coordination and psychomotor skills, continuously solving new problems and possible challenges, related to balance, gravity and mobility in conjunction with our psyche.