Guide of companies of Quad Biking in Cantabria, ATV & Off-Road Tours. Check prices and get the best deals on quad rental in Cantabria and ATV hire. The Quad Biking routes and quad excursions in Cantabria, Santander, Potes, Cabárceno or Santillana del Mar are perfect activities to practice on birthdays, corporate events and incentives, teambuilding, original gifts and bachelor parties.
Tips if you are going to do Quad Biking in Cantabria
The natural beauty of Cantabria is unparalleled by any other. With an infinite number of natural parks, protected areas, colossal mountain ranges and remote charming villages, this northern region is the perfect place to venture out and discover it in the most entertaining way possible, with quad bike rides.
You will find an endless number of possibilities to drive this 4-wheeled vehicle, ideal for travelling over all types of terrain and getting lost in the Cantabrian landscape. In fact, if you are planning to visit Cantabria and get to know its villages in a different way, you can discover a great number of quad routes that will show you the best of every corner in a short time and with hardly any effort.
Driving a quad is a pleasurable experience. You will discover a new way of contemplating nature, with hardly any complexity or requirements, but with all the adrenaline you expect in a different adventure like this one. What's more, to undertake a quad trip off-road, you'll only need a B1 driving licence, although that's only if you want to drive, because if you wanted to be a co-pilot you wouldn't need anything, so even those underage can join you.
In the case of closed circuits such as farms, it is not necessary to have any kind of licence, although if you are going to visit Cantabria, the best thing is to choose a quad tour that allows you to see its beautiful natural landscapes that leave everyone speechless, and as it is a family-friendly adventure that does not exclude anyone, so there is no excuse for you and your family to share this experience together. Your little adventurers have to be over 8 years old, high enough to reach the base of the vehicle and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
You can have as much fun with your loved ones as your body demands, with single or two-seater quad routes. This experience, when shared is simply extraordinary. Together you can discover beautiful spots and have a good laugh while driving through rocky or uneven terrain. But also, driving an individual quad has its pros since, in this case, you are the master of the steering wheel (and the accelerator) and can drive as you want, take the curves as you like and accelerate at will without having to think about anything else except satisfying your desire for excitement and speed. But remember to always respect the pace set by the guide who will accompany you throughout the route.
One thing is clear: this sensation will be really intoxicating. If you already like speed and rejoicing in it, imagine what it would be like to experience acceleration with the breeze blowing through our bodies and discovering all kinds of corners, crossing by streams and wading through small rivers.
Cantabria has a lot to offer, but we know that you want to make the most out of your stay in these lands, so if, as you read on, you can already see clearly that you are going on an ATV route through the Cantabrian countryside, we must tell you which towns and villages are the most suitable for this.
- Viveda, for example, is a village that belongs to the municipality of Santillana del Mar and it is great to discover it if you are doing the Northern Route to Santiago, as it crosses this town through the La Barca neighbourhood. If you have chosen this route of the Camino de Santiago, take seize of your stay in Viveda to discover the beautiful landscapes that it shelters with a 1 hour quad excursion.
- Another place to visit on the quad is the town of Potes. This beautiful town of houses and cobbled paths is crossed by the Quiviesa and Deva rivers. Moreover, it is embraced by a colossal and emblematic mountain mass, and we are talking about the Picos de Europa. So, if you are going to visit this small town nestled between 4 valleys and just over 1:30 hours away from Santander, you have to make an imperative quad route through the Picos de Europa.
- Ruente is another Cantabrian town with spectacular natural landscapes that transport us to a fairy tale. It is an impressive place where you can go on quad bike routes, as it is full of forests, such as the forest of Monte Aá and the forest of Monte Río de los Vados. Moreover, almost half of the municipality is located within the Saja-Besaya Natural Park, so if you visit Ruente, you can be sure you will find a magnificent quad excursion.
- We also find the town of Espinama, in the municipality of Camaleño, and this site is the place par excellence for a quad route through the Picos de Europa, as it is literally at their feet.
- The same happens with Somo, a town in Ribamontán al Mar, which is located in the bay of Santander. During those quad routes near Somo, you will be able to enjoy the maritime landscapes of this Cantabrian region and contemplate its kilometre-long coastline with excursions where you will easily reach a higher altitude.
We can add little more to convince you that a quad route in any destination in Cantabria is an experience for the senses, and it is not only adrenaline that you will live with this adventure, because if you combine this activity with some cultural activity that you finish with the most exquisite typical dish of the land, your day will turn out as simply perfect.
You have everything you need to go out and discover what you most want in this region with an infinite number of destinations, all of them on quads. All you have to do is decide on one, book it and ride around Cantabria at full speed.