Tips if you are going to do Diving in Barcelona
The coast of Barcelona is perfect to go scuba diving, snorkelling and maintenance dives. With this guide, we will summarize the main zones of Barcelona to visit and go diving, like the different scuba diving courses and schools that carry them out. Bit if you are already a scuba diver with experience and what you are looking for is a more informative immersion, we recommend the Costa Brava area to scuba dive, place where a lot of companies go to carry out the practice, courses, because of its great beauty of its seabeds.
Check by yourself, with this video, what is a first immersion in Barcelona:
Scuba diving is gaining more and more fans in Barcelona, because the great community of flora and fauna and its location, in the middle of the coast. Where in to go in Barcelona to go diving? We make a list with some of the places, even though you can find all of it in our offer list:
- Vilafranca del Penedés: Here, you can carry out your first steps. If you like to start discovering the world of scuba diving, without getting far, here you can find where to enjoy a immersion baptism in a pool, next to the Barcelona city center.
- Olympic Port of Barcelona: In this zone, you can carry out different immersions in the same center of Barcelona, in this case, in the sea. The Olympic Port is the perfect place if you want to go scuba diving with an oxygen bottle for the first time.
- Diving in the surroundings of Garraf: There is a Nautical Club in the same location. A zone with shallow waters, but also great for baptisms with sand banks and its seabeds and almost 2 meters of depth. There is where the Falconera cave is found, but we recommend that the immersion be guided because of the limited visibility and the poor conditions. We propose to go more through the south to reach the most deep part. There is an artificial reef with an elliptic form, submerged in 2010, know as the biotypes of Garraf. In front of the Terramar hotel, you’ll find the 24 cement block that sank at 2 miles from the coast of Sitges. In this zone, the marine biodiversity is richer.
- Diving in Cubelles: One of the calm zones to go diving. A perfect place when is the first diving, and not to go really deep.
- Diving in Sitges: With 17 beaches, this location is one of the most famous in the coast of Barcelona, touristic wise. Some of the beaches are prepared and designed for scuba diving.
- Diving in Mataró: At Maresme, you can find 5 scuba diving schools, open all year round. The scuba diving zones are El Negre, La Barreta de l’arbre and La Trencada. Depending of the zone, the depths oscillate between 5 to 40 meters. Whilst scuba diving, you will be able to see posidonius (full of various fish species), nudibranchs and eels. Night scuba diving can take place, plus the usual divings. Normally, a watercraft is used to enter the sea, departing from the port. The typical immersion takes place in the known submarine bars of the Maresme.
- Ripollet zone: Some schools of scuba diving are concentrated in this zone. Also, is very advisable for initiatory diving courses.
Now that you have decided the place, which scuba diving degree can be received in Barcelona?
Here, you will find all the scuba diving degrees in the market, From the scuba diving baptism to see for the first time what is to be underwater, breathing with oxygen bottle, and also more advanced courses with international recognition, the PADI courses to highlight:
- PADI Open Water Diver Barcelona: The OWD scuba diving course offers the main PADI degree. With it, you can scuba dive all over the world, up to 30 meters of depth, as long as you are with the companionship of another scuba diver that also have, at least, the same skill level.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Barcelona: The AOWD scuba diving course prepares you to go deeper and deeper and improve your abilities and expertise, with a variety of specialties, adding at least 6 more immersions to your experience. The specialties go from night scuba diving, material maintenance techniques, deep diving, underwater orienteering, nitrox oxygen and breathing, etc. It all depends on the school you choose to study.
If you want to get deeper, you can carry out PADI Rescue Diver or rescue diver course, specially aim for the life saver maritimes staff, or the PADI Divemaster if you want to take the last step in scuba diving.
Have you decided yet? Let’s meet underwater!