Tips if you are going to do Diving in Girona
Come to Girona to scuba dive and have fun in one of the best zones of Spain to practice this watersport. A unique coastal place with great richness in its seabeds will make you seize to the max your scuba dive.
Girona has beautiful sights, that go more than just beaches and coves of the Cosa Brava since the underwater also provides us amazing and beautiful sights thanks to the variety of flora and fauna, an authentic gift for your eyes!
The coast of Girona adapts to all audiences, so if you are an experienced scuba diver, or never have practiced this activity, don’t worry because you will find the perfect activity that will adapt to you. Of course, if you know exactly what you want in this of scuba diving, you can enroll in one of the different courses that are carried out in the region of Catalunya.
Here, we leave you a video so you can see for yourself what is waiting for you is you come to scuba dive in Girona with us:
Which scuba diving will you choose in Girona?
For all those who have never practiced this water sport, but want to have the first experience in one of the best seas in the Mediterranean, you will have these options which you can choose from:
- Snorkel: If you want to enjoy and explore the seabeds without the need of an oxygen bottle, and only with goggles, the tube and flippers, leaves an instructor to take you to a beautiful place and carry out a snorkeling activity.
- Scuba diving baptism: You can have your first approximation to the scuba diving world and feel like an authentic scuba diver for a day. After a theory formation about the usage of the material, respiration and safety rules, you will jump into the water with the instructor and enjoy a great immersion of around 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your pulmonary capacity. You will have the possibility of enjoying a baptism from the beach or the sea from a boat. L’Estartit, Lloret de Mar, Cala Pedrosa, Palamós, Platja d’ Aro, L’Escala, Sant Feliu de Guixols or Palamós are some of the indicated places for this first experience in the scuba diving world.
If for the contrary, you already have a scuba diving degree, at least the PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent, you are in luck since you can practice immersions or scuba diving safaris throughout the Sa Caleta Castle, in Lloret, Medas Islands, Tossa de Mar, Montgri coast or Medas islands. You will enjoy the underwaters of the Mediterranean Sea.
If you would love to carry out an immersion of up to 18 meters in depth, in any part of the world, you can seize your stay in Girona to get the PADI Open Water Diver degree. The course can take place in a period of 3 to 5 days, depending on your availability. Several of the locations where you can get this scuba diving title will be Torroella de Montgró, Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, L’Estartit, Platja D’Aro, Palamós, L’Escala or the Medas Islands.
For the scuba divers that are looking for an advanced course or rescue, or those who need several classes to review because they haven’t practiced the sport, can also have the opportunity of doing it in the Costa Brava.
Zones to scuba dive in Girona that you can’t miss:
- Medas Islands: Discover the beauty of this marine reserve that has become in the protected area for more than 15 years. This is a paradise for the scuba divers due to the great variety of flora and fauna that live in its seabeds. The most relevant areas are Pota del Llop, Vaca or Cavall Bernat.
- Formigues Islands: For those who at least have the Open Water or a more advanced level, can have fun in this beautiful place that this archipelago presents, located between Palamós and Calella de Palafrugell.
- Cap de Creus: This scuba diving area will allow you to enjoy in the Costa Brava in all its splendor. Submerge in this natural park that will allow you to scuba dive next to the halibut or lobsters, adding to observe pretty coral formations.
- Roses: This singular fishing village of Girona allows you to carry out scuba diving trips in the zone of Cap Norfeu or Cap Falcó. You will find cliffs and caves, where you can submerge and find different marine species.
Near 90 scuba diving schools are waiting for you in Girona, to take you and discover the corners of its incredible marine seabeds. Adding to all the recommendations we already have said, you can practice in Begur, Blanes, Cadaqués, Calella de Palafrugell, Empuriabrava, Llafranc, La Fosca, la selva de Mar, Palafrugell, Portbou, Riells, S’agaro, Tamariu or Villa Colera. Here, you can check more than 50 active offers about scuba diving in Girona. Are you ready to scuba dive?