Horseback Riding in Cadiz: Look up for prices, request costs and find the best deals in horse riding centres in Cadiz and equestrian activities. Horseback riding Tours and horse trekking in Cadiz, Chiclana, Tarifa, Conil, El Palmar, Punta Paloma, Vejer de la Frontera, Los Alcornocales or in Sanlúcar de Barrameda are perfect activities for children, birthday’s parties, corporate entertainment, team building, social events, weddings and original gifts.
Are you thinking of exploring Cadiz from a completely different perspective? Telling you how magical this province is would be an endless task, however, encouraging you to rediscover it with a horseback route will surprise and amaze you in equal measure.
Strolling along the coast of Cádiz, getting lost in its immense beaches and watching the sunsets that paint the horizon is magical. But perhaps you have never dared to do it on horseback, which is why we know that if you have not embarked on this exciting adventure before, it is due to lack of information. We will swot you up in everything you need to know to embark on a horseback riding tour around Cádiz.
For lovers of equestrian activities there are various horseback riding routes with different levels of difficulty that you will find throughout the province of Cádiz.
- If you are a beginner and are not used to riding horses, we recommend routes that last an hour or so. Although horseback riding is an easy way to get into the nature of Cadiz, a long route can tire out a rider who is not used to it. But don't be discouraged because if you find yourself in this case, you can embark on a route on horseback along the beach or through the pine forests of Chiclana without much difficulty, and that will amaze you.
- Taking the difficulty up a little, you will find routes of 4 or even up to 6 hours. Although some of these don’t present any difficulties so much in terms of the territory itself, such as a route on horseback through the Alcornocales Natural Park, but rather because of their duration, and the resistance you are recommended to have to complete them. These horseback riding routes will bring you closer to this equine universe and possess you with the essence of its Andalusian culture in an unforgettable way.
- For those who have already mastered the equestrian world and seek to continue enjoying all the benefits that this sport offers during their holidays too, there are also alternatives for those days in which you want to get as far from asphalt and the traffic jams as possible. Cádiz offers 1-week itineraries where you and the horse will ride through beaches, mountains, and rivers. Your holiday will be more personal than ever and the with peace of the trails you will discover an absolutely unforgettable sensation. You will stay in a rustic cottage in the nature where you will enjoy filling breakfasts to start your daily dose horseback with energy.
For those who have already had the pleasure of getting to know the province of Cadiz, they will already know that it is an area of contrasts, which is why there are a thousand options when it comes to choosing your horseback ride here. We will highlight each of the routes to make your choice easier, but first we must make one thing clear, are you more into the sea or the mountains?
- If your call is from mountains because of the way they keep you away from the civilisation, the bustle of traffic jams and so on... Hop on the horse, hold on to the reins and trot through the pine groves of Roche. One of our favourite options is an equestrian route through the mountains of Sierra de Grazalema, inviting you to ride along the banks of the Campobuche river or even go across it to reach your destination.
- If, on the other hand, the sea charms you with the sway of its waves, read on. If we have to choose, and even though it breaks our hearts to be honest with the reader, we highlight the beautiful route along La Barrosa beach. Without doubt it is one of the most renowned beaches in Cádiz, where it is possible to lose oneself between the sun and the beach as the horse passes by is magical and unique.
As you can read, no matter what your level of skill or preference is, Cádiz welcomes anyone to its horseback riding routes. We leave it up to you to share this experience. But just to give you some ideas (which are never bad), here are a couple of tips.
- If we are talking about surprising the little ones, let them ride the most tender horses there are. A pony ride will dazzle the children during a 50-minute ride where they will be able to walk through the Chiclana’s nature and make some memories that will be hard to forget.
- For the more romantic ones, one of the most special horseback riding routes that the lands of the Costa de la Luz have to offer is during the sunset on the beach of Bologna. This dune and white sand beach takes on a different tone when the sun colours the horizon in red. If you add to this that next to you will ride that special person who makes you go crazy, it makes this experience simply perfect.
The material and instructions (for those new to the sport) will be provided by the equestrian centre with whom you will be riding. You only have to choose one of the thousand options that Cádiz offers you, while you discover incredible horizons. But remember to come wearing long trousers so that you can move properly and closed shoes, if possible, to protect your ankles from rubbing the stirrups.