Explora Casteret Group is a company whose main activity is the organization of all kinds of adventure activities and sports in the areas of the Ordesa Valley and the Aragonese Pyrenees in the province of Huesca. They have all qualified professional monitors and all the necessary technical material.
Some of the activities they offer are:
- Canyoning: You can visit ravines of all levels depending on the previous experience of the participants. There are also dry and aquatic ravines (in the latter it is inevitable to get wet in some stretch where you have to swim or have to wade).
- Trekking: Make marches all year round the fantastic parage of the Odessa Valley and Monte Perdido. All seasons have their magic, and even doing the same route at different times of the year can be very beautiful.
- Via Ferrata: Go ahead and take the step prior to climbing with a via ferrata in which you will overcome all kinds of obstacles to reach the end: suspension bridges, Tibetan bridges, rappels, rungs stuck in the wall ...
- Rafting: Rafting is a perfect group activity because it is very safe and fun. You can choose between different routes of greater or lesser difficulty according to your own level and desire for adventure. It is essential to know how to swim.
- Caving: explore incredible underground caves and see unusual places and incredible rock formations such as stalactites or stalagmites. There are caves for all levels so prior experience is not necessary.
- Cross-country skiing: Enjoy cross-country or cross-country skiing in a wonderful landscape that is even more beautiful because it is completely covered by snow.
Canyoning in an incomparable natural environment such as the Aragonese Pyrenees , more specifically in the Ordesa Valley, or in the Sierra de Guara. Explora Casteret Barranquismo Group gives you the opportunity to get to know these places accompanied by the best guides and enjoy an incredible day outdoors.
The physical requirements to be able to do canyoning are minimal, and basically consist of knowing how to swim. Apart from that, anyone can do canyoning as there are tours for all levels:
- Level 1 ravines: These ravines are intended as an initiation for everyone who wants to start practicing this activity. They are suitable for all audiences and just have some small jumps and rappels that in most cases do not even have to do because there are alternative routes.
- Level 2 ravines: These ravines are also suitable for all audiences, but it is recommended that participants have an adventurous and intrepid spirit as rappels, jumps, etc. They are taller and there is not always an alternative. This means that sometimes there is no other way forward than to make a jump to a pool, for example.
- Level 3 ravines: These ravines already require better technique and fitness. It is recommended to have done level 2 ravines before to make one of this level.
The minimum age to participate is 7 years. You can also organize expeditions of canyoning of several days, where several canyons are traveled increasing the level of difficulty every day.
Rafting arises in the 19th century in South America, when explorers begin to navigate the rivers in small rafts. From there it has evolved to become the adventure activity we know today. Explora Casteret Rafting Group gives you the possibility of rafting on the rivers of the Aragonese Pyrenees and the Ordesa Valley.
The most spectacular descent is without a doubt the descent of the Ara river . It is a descent that everyone can do with the only requirement of knowing how to swim. However, it should be noted that it is a fairly moving and demanding descent, not suitable for people who want to enjoy a quiet and relaxed activity. The great disadvantage of this descent is that it can only be done in spring, which is when the river falls with sufficient flow.
At other times of the year you can make other rivers that without being so moved, are also worthwhile descents. For example, you can tour the Gállego enjoying incredible views of the Mallos de Riglos or go down different sections of the Ésera depending on the level of experience of the group.
Explore Casteret Ski Group gives you the opportunity to practice cross-country skiing (also known as cross-country skiing or mountain skiing). The activity takes place in different places of the Ordesa Valley and the Aragonese Pyrenees, in the province of Huesca. The choice of one place or another depends on the level of the skiers.
Among the routes of easy level include: Pico Canal Roya, Pico Pelopín, Pico de Puego ... They are all very easy routes that anyone can do, whether or not they have previous experience. If the participants do not have any previous experience, the guide will be in charge of giving a few preliminary instructions.
Some of the medium difficulty routes are: Aspe Peak, Black Garmo, Marboré Peak, Sueiza Point, Marioules, Bataillence Peak, Posets, Bachimala ... These tours require participants to have something of previous experience since they have some section that for an inexperienced person can be somewhat complicated or require something more technical level.
The most difficult routes you can do are for example: Pico de Barrosa, Perdiguero, Paderna, Pico del Alba, Pico de Aneto ... These routes do require a certain level of technique and physical resistance , and therefore recommended only to experienced skiers.
One of the most beautiful places in Spain to explore on foot is without a doubt the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park, in the Aragonese Pyrenees. It is one of the great natural reserves of our country and Explora Casteret Trekking Group gives you the opportunity to meet it in the company of professional guides.
Logically, within the National Park there are several routes. In this way you can adapt the route to the level of the participants playing with variables such as unevenness, duration, etc. They can be done from pleasant walks in which to enjoy and learn about nature to true demanding treks in which great distances will be covered in a short time. It all depends on what customers want and you can even do tours suitable for groups with young children.
Whatever the option, there is always the accompaniment of a professional and qualified guide. This person is responsible for directing the activity making it enjoyable and safe for everyone. Enjoy nature and the Pyrenees with Grupo Explora Casteret.
The via ferratas are an adventure activity consisting of taking a tour of the countryside where you have to ascend and descend certain slopes, based on previously installed supports such as steps, suspension bridges, etc. It is a very fun and complete experience that everyone can do without major problems and that many people see as a previous step to get started in the sport of climbing. Explora Casteret Via Ferrata Group is a company specialized in organizing this type of tours in the Aragonese Prine area.
Specifically, the Explora Casteret Group via ferrata takes place along the Sorrosal and Furco ravines, allowing you to enjoy spectacular views. A qualified guide will accompany you at all times to give you the appropriate directions and, above all, supervise the safety of the route. He is responsible for securing the ropes and harnesses and, in general, supervise all the material. Everyone can do a via ferrata, and the only requirement is not to have vertigo.
The great attraction of caving is to be able to contemplate unusual and unique landscapes and places underground. The exploration of underground caves pierced by rivers over thousands of years is a different and original activity. Explora Casteret Group gives you the opportunity to practice it in the Aragonese Pyrenees caves.
Caving tours are always done in the company of a professional guide. In addition all the technical material is provided by the company: Wetsuit, helmet with headlight and harness (if necessary). You just have to wear closed shoes that can get wet.
Depending on the profile of the participants, caves of different levels can be made:
For the groups without any experience and / or accompanied by children, you can go through a beautiful cave that is combined with a simple ravine to end the activity. It is a cave that does not require any kind of physical activity except walking, and there is only a stretch where the roof is very low.
The higher level caves require the use of ropes and harnesses to develop different techniques of caving such as rappelling, climbing, debris ...
In any case, whatever your level you can take a caving tour to suit you in which the adventure is guaranteed.
In Explora Casteret Group we take advantage of the landscapes of the province of Huesca to offer you snowshoe trips to explore snow-covered spaces.
We take care of all possible levels of difficulty . So we will recommend half-day excursions, if you are starting, or we will extend our adventure until consecutive days of crossing in which we will stay in shelters located in the mountains to continue our journey without deviating from the itinerary that we have marked.
We can move through different places so that you know all the possible ones by this means. Some of them are the Pyrenees in its Aragonese slope, the Tena Valley and the Biescas area, the Ordesa Park or the Ara Valley.
These expeditions also include the assistance of the whole family with special prices for groups and groups. We can include transportation and make combinations with sections in off-road vehicles .
When you request one of these excursions we will lend you the material You will wear the rackets on your own footwear that should be sporty or even hiking boots if possible. We also use sticks as a foothold that will make your way easier.