Tips if you are going to do Paragliding in Madrid
Paragliding provides one the most liberal flights you could ever experience. Accompanied by an expert instructor, we give you the possibility of overflying the surroundings of Madrid. You can fly without the need for a motor, is enough with the paragliding, the guidance of the monitor, and the help of the wind. You will feel an inexplicable sensation.
The paragliding flights are designed for anyone, as long as they don’t suffer from any disease that could prevent the flight, and weight less than 30 and not more than 100 kilograms, approximately. Minors need a parent’s authorization and come with an adult.
To carry out this activity, it is not necessary to have previous experience. Before starting, there will be a short briefing, where the instructors will tell you about the basic notions about what you need to know about the activity and the indications you need to remember during the take-off, because you will need to do a short race to jump from the mountain and start a placid and smooth flight.
At all moments, you can communicate with the instructor, who which will go explaining everything you see and surrounds you throughout the journey, and also ask you how are you, the experience and if you dare to go faster and feel more excitement, or if you prefer a calmer and relaxing flight.
So you can watch all the details during a flight in Madrid, we leave you this descriptive video:
So, if you are thinking about paragliding and you are staying in Madrid, here are all the offer, and these are the options you can choose from:
- Flights in La Muela: This is one of the places where paraglide flights are carried out. This is located in Alarilla (Guadalajara) and is at 90 km from Madrid. Usually, the flights ascend up to 200 and 400 meters in height. Its geographical situation, you can enjoy a flight all year round, except those days that do not have the best weather conditions. The majority of paragliding companies in Madrid, centralize their activity there.
- Overfly in the Sierra Norte of Madrid: Somosierra is the perfect place of the Sierra Norte for a paragliding session. This is a flight that reaches 600 meters in height, a detail that allows you to enjoy spectacular views of the Sierra of Madrid. The activity can be done almost all year round, even though the Winter months due to the weather and snow that complicates its development.
- Flights through the Sierra of Guadarrama: The main place to fly will be Arcones (Segovia), even though there are other places like Miraflores or Lozoya, where you can go and do the same. In Arcones, the flight reaches almost 700 meters in height, meaning you will enjoy the incredible sights if the Sierra of La Cabrera or the swamp of Lozoya.
- Two-seater flights in the Sierra of Gredos: You will need to travel up to Pedro Bernardo, in the middle of the Sierra of Gredos, so you can enjoy a flight that reaches 800 meters in height, the views and the sensations you feel are indescribable. The flights are done during the whole year, even though the best dates go from March to October.
- Paragliding in the Tiétar Valley: The main place to fly will be Arcones (Segovia), even though there are other places like Miraflores or Lozoya, where you can go and do the same. In Arcones, the flight reaches almost 700 meters in height, meaning you will enjoy the incredible sights if the Sierra of La Cabrera or the swamp of Lozoya.
If you have decided of trying a tandem flight, you can choose between 4 options: a flight baptism, are flights that last around 10 and 20 minutes and are designed to provide the first contact with a paraglide. If you want to share this activity with someone special, you need to book the simultaneous flight, and each and one will go with your own pilot doing a parallel flight. If you want to seize more the activity, there exist high-performance flights that last from 25 to 45 minutes. And if you are a fan of the adrenaline and strong sensations, you can dare to enjoy a stunt flight. Changes of rhythm, twists, and spins in the air, swing simulations… are some of the maneuvers you will enjoy.
You will need to go to the nearest flight zone, there you will meet with the instructors and with the internal transportation (normally with an off-road), you will go u to the take-off area. Once you land, a vehicle will pick you p and take you to the meeting point back, a round-trip, so you don’t need to worry about anything.
You need to remember that the paraglide is totally conditioned by weather, so when the conditions are the ideal ones, the flight can be done. If you are looking for a great gift for a special someone, to ask for the hand of your loved one, you can do it in a special way, including a message near the landing area so that amazing question can be read.
Choose the region, the type of flight, and enjoy this great experience!