Handixtreme was born more than 10 years ago with the aim of bringing snow and adventure sports to disabled people. It may seem complicated, but the truth is that with the right equipment and professionals, disabled people can also enjoy outdoor sports and practice activities such as skiing or canyoning. From its facilities in Nueno, province of Huesca, Handixtreme organizes all kinds of activities for disabled and non-disabled people.
Disabled people can choose, among other activities:
- Ski courses on the slopes: You can go both sitting and standing, and learn everything you need to be able to run on your own on a ski slope. There are beginner, advanced and competitive level courses.
- Ski tandem ride: This activity is designed for people who have a great disability. A monitor pushes them on board a kind of light sled. This way they can enjoy feeling the thrill of going down a hillside and contemplating the views and the landscape.
People who do not suffer from any disability can also hire activities with Handixtreme like:
- Cross-country skiing: Crossing and ascending points of the Pyrenees and the Alps. Each tour will adapt to the characteristics and level of the group.
- Canyoning: l A canyoning activity is done in the province of Huesca, where you can visit one of the multiple canyons that cross the province.
Handixtreme Ski gives you the opportunity to practice skiing in its different modalities (alpine and cruise) both in the Pyrenees and in the Alps. What characterizes Handixtreme, which has been in operation for more than ten years, is that it is a company specialized in ski activities adapted for disabled people. In fact, the company is created with the aim of enabling these people to practice skiing without problems.
With Handixtreme you can make different cross-country ascents and crossings in the company of a monitor that will adapt the route to the level of the students and will help you in your progress through this discipline.
Disabled people can also take adapted ski courses on three levels: initiation, improvement and competition. Additionally, they can also do tandem ski rides. This modality consists of being accompanied by a monitor that pushes the disabled in a kind of adapted sled. It is specially designed for people with a great disability so that they can know the clues and experience the sensations of sliding down the hill contemplating the snowy landscape.
Handixtreme Barranquismo is a company specialized in the organization of canyoning in the province of Huesca. This region is known for its multitude of ravines that can be crossed, so it is very easy to find a ravine that suits the level of each group. You can also choose between dry or aquatic ravines. In the latter you will have to get wet to cross some obstacles such as pools, waterfalls, etc.
The activity can be done under two modalities:
- Simple descent of ravines: in one day you will cross the canyon of a river. It is a perfect option to try this sport and see if you like it. You will be accompanied by a monitor at all times that will tell you how to move through the canyon safely and smoothly.
- Canyoning courses: If you have already decided that canyoning is your sport and you want to be able to practice it on your own without having to have the company of monitors you have to take this course. You will learn all the techniques necessary to travel a ravine by yourself. In the same way, you will also learn a series of basic safety rules and regulations that must always be taken into account to ensure that we are not in any danger doing the activity.
With Handixtreme Cross-Country Skiing you can make different ascents and cross the Pyrenees and the Alps. Both expert skiers and beginners can enjoy the best routes by the handixtreme monitors, professionals and graduates. Of course, they also offer courses of all levels so you can learn this modality or improve your technique if you already know.
Handixtreme is responsible for providing all the necessary material so that students only have to take care of bringing their warm clothes and all their desire to learn and have fun in the snow: arva, cross-country skis, skins , shovel, probe, ice ax, blades, crampons ...
If you have never tried cross-country skiing, you should do it. More and more people are doing it for the first time and then repeat. This is undoubtedly due to several reasons, such as, in the first place, it is a very easy sport to learn. If you do it accompanied by a monitor you will progress even faster and in a very short time you can make crossings on your own. In addition, it is a sport that is much less crowded than alpine skiing, and therefore all routes and circuits are much more clear and you do not have to worry about people who overtake you and / or go too fast.