Directory of wine tourism in Madrid and winery tours. Check prices and get the best deals through the different wineries and vineyards in Madrid. The guided tours to wineries in Madrid and wine tourism courses in Madrid, Colmenar de Oreja or Chinchón are a perfect activity for birthdays, corporate events and incentives, teambuilding, original gifts and bachelor parties.
Tips if you are going to do Winery Tours in Madrid
You're about to enter a rich universe (not just literally) and an overflowing culture. If you are an avowed fan of wine and you are thinking of seeing for yourself in all the benefits that wine tourism can offer, without a doubt, the community of Madrid is a necessary stop for all lovers of this drink. From its harvesting, elaboration, treatment, and finally tasting, oenology or wine tourism is a fascinating and enriching activity in every aspect.
No wonder that Madrid stands out as one of the most acclaimed destinations for wine tourism experiences, and not only by the abysmal differences that you will find among all the wineries you can visit in the province, but by its incredible landscapes surrounding the vineyards. With a rural character and a moving visual value, Madrid brings together tradition and culture in every corner. Forget for a moment about Madrid as a synonym of a huge and busy city because with this plan the opposite is waiting for you.
Reveal all the hiding places that the Madrid region has in store for you and savour the different tastes that each production offers. With lots of care and love, you will discover the different wineries that reside in the Madrid province and with it, the unique personality of each of its wines.
The infinity of ways to enjoy wine can only be compared to the various activities that are available for you to enjoy this drink in all its splendour without even leaving Madrid:
- An elegant tour to the most typical wineries in Madrid, learning all about their traditional way of making wine and discovering how this directly affects the different flavours of their product.
- Walk through the vineyards that you can find in the most rural areas of Madrid. Roll up your sleeves and get all hands-on on this fun experience where you will learn the basics of this absolutely millenary process.
- Organize a romantic wine tasting in Madrid. Undoubtedly the perfect plan for a couple’s evening where the romance will be the best accompaniment to the wine.
- A lovely snack with friends while you learn to enjoy and examine every sip of a glass of wine. Have fun with your friends during an appetizer where the pairing of wine and laughter will be one more experience for the senses.
Entering the world of wine tourism in the Community of Madrid is a synonym of learning from a universe that is a perfect blend of traditional and modern. There are a thousand activities to do, a million of singularities and anecdotes to learn from its different wineries, distributed, according to the latest census, among 8,528 hectares of vineyards, spread over more than 12,300 smallholdings dedicated to the world of wine in this Spanish province.
Therefore, it is no coincidence that Madrid is among the favourite regions in Spain to organize a getaway where wine is the great protagonist. In addition, it has its own Denomination of Origin (D.O.) for those wines produced in Madrid, covering four different subareas where we can find wines with different personalities rooted in the land from which they were born:
- Arganda. We are in an extensive territory that has over twenty wineries with D.O. Its red wine reflects body and a delicious fruity taste, the whites surprise you with their fresh taste and great aroma while the rosés show a fresh personality and a lively colour.
- Navalcarnero. It is the smallest territory here in Madrid and without a doubt the king of rosé wines in this region. Here you will find wines with a unique and intense aroma, pink in colour and soft on the palate.
- San Martín de Valdeiglesias. The white wines of this area are diverse in taste and aroma, acquiring the personality of each family and their winery. These rosés and reds share the characteristics of being tasty, young, and strong.
- El Molar. We are taking you more to the north of the autonomous region of Madrid this time. This is the only territory from this list that, due to its singular location and climate, provides their wines with very exclusive characteristics.
If one thing is clear is that to discover the history of Madrid's wines is to enter the tradition of the people and their gastronomy. Therefore, organizing a trip to learn more about wine is not only enriching for all lovers of wine culture, but it is also perfect opportunity to continue delighting your palate with the most exquisite dishes of the area.