At the Platja Llarga Sailing Club we bring the experience of our instructors to give quality training to anyone who wants to get into water sports. For this we have a school on the beach in which to take advantage of all the advantages of the conditions of the Costa Dorada.
You will know how:
- Sailing : through various modalities. We are available with hobie cat courses and small sailboats, boats that outside of class can be used to go on excursions along the coast.
- Surf the waves : within our surf raiders area you will learn how to go from lying on the board looking for balance to being an expert in walking standing on it looking for a new challenge in the sea.
We can also go to the paddle surf boards in a more relaxed way doing crossings with a paddle per participant in hand.
- Windsurfing : in a combination between sailing and surfing, we will delve into the concepts of this sport that are complex at first glance.
- Kayaking : for pure pleasure or as part of the courses of other activities carried out at the school.
All our reviews are verified. 100% of customers have enjoyed this activity
I did the course with the Framework and personally a 10.
Review translated from Spanish
The first day the song was kind, patient with questions and open to explanations.
The rest will pass you by. On the catamaran, the weather and the wind (Garbi) were very favorable and I enjoyed it. Much.
The last time I did it with Alex, the examiner monitor did a bit of traverse as well and was very cordial and sympathetic.
Recommended even with children.
The Platja Llarga Sailing Club is located in Platja Llarga, Tarragona. It is a sailing school aimed at all types of audiences who want to learn to sail on a sailboat or catamaran. With the right teachers it is much easier to learn these sports, and proof of this are the courses at Platja Llarga.
There are boats of various types, with different capacities to carry people. In any case, the lessons are always in the company of a specialized and qualified teacher. This person will be the one who will show you the best techniques and the secrets of sailing the sea driven by the wind in the sails.
Of course, anyone can sail, including children. Also, no previous experience is required. This is because the club has classes and courses for all levels, so that everyone can find a group that suits their level and allows them to progress at the right pace. The most novice have at their disposal the introductory course that starts from the most basic explanations to gradually develop more complex techniques. Those with more experience can take more advanced courses that will allow them to learn and discover new techniques and tricks.
Finally, those people who do not want to teach and simply want to navigate on their own can also rent the boats.
At the Platja Llarga Sailing School we progressively expand the disciplines that we offer you to increase your skills and that whenever you come to see us you have an option to do regardless of the conditions of the day. This idea is the context of the Surf Raiders program.
We teach you the keys to surfing as one of the sliding disciplines with which you can gain strength and balance. We will opt for surfing especially in those cases in which the wind is insufficient for the modalities that have to do with sailing. To become surfers:
- The monitor will begin with the lessons in the sand : before going into the water it is essential to know the material well and what our behavior should be. Otherwise when entering the sea we would not know what we have to do. We will learn the paddling to move forward and what is the process to get up or at least start trying.
- At sea we will continue to be watched by the instructor. As we go along, it will correct our posture and tell us what we may be doing incorrectly in order to evolve.
At the Club de Vela Platja Llarga we have incorporated paddle surfing to help those who want to get into this sport to learn how to approach it from the Costa Dorada.
When opting for this practice we will start with the material. In our case we have two types of table. Some of them are rigid while the others are inflatable and therefore each one has different peculiarities among its characteristics.
The intention of getting both is that we intend to be able to give a choice to the user who arrives at the school. If you do not know what the benefits of each one are before entering the water, we will explain them to you.
The paddle surf team also carries an oar for the participant to move. Both elements are rented by the hour although, if you need our training, our instructors can tell you:
- What are the basic positions to enter the water and stay standing. If there are no waves you will see that it is very simple but you always have the option of starting on your knees to lower the center of gravity of your body and make you feel safer.
- How you should turn: this is a technique in which the paddle plays a main role. So you can turn around towards the coast when the time comes.
Windsurfing becomes part of the teaching that we carry out at the Club de Vela Platja Llarga . As instructors of nautical sports specialized in sailing, windsurfing serves as a tool for students to increase their abilities.
Windsurfing teaches us to combine the power and direction of the wind with the waves of that moment. Being individually on the board holding the sail with our own hands makes us gain autonomy and balance very quickly. All these advances have a positive impact on all those disciplines that we also practice.
The instructors always begin the windsurfing classes by explaining the elements that make up the equipment, in this way:
- You will know what the material is like and how the assembly procedure is before entering the water. We will practice in the sand so that there are no other circumstances that alter your attention as would happen in the sea.
- You will learn how to get on the board and raise the sail: surely at the beginning you will look over the past when trying to keep your balance and raise the sail at the same time but the monitor will help you to do it.
With the Platja Llarga Sailing Club you can also kayak along the Costa Daurada from the school facilities in Tarragona. It is one of the simplest activities that you can request to get in touch with the sea.
The characteristics of these light boats are clear:
- They have no difficulty: that's why you can rent them whenever you want. You will also try them if you are part of any of our nautical programs for children and young people. The degree of complexity to paddle a kayak is minimal. It is enough with a few first instructions of the monitor in the sand to acquire the knowledge about the correct technique.
- They are very stable: knowing how to enter the wave we will have no problems to continue advancing without capsizing. Moreover, if the sea is calm, the stability of the boat is maximum and we will not even have to worry about having the correct orientation.
- You will have to put your strength at the service of the paddle: yes, the kayak can be quiet but it does not go alone. Your partner and you, if you share it, you will have to row coordinated to be able to reach the point that you have marked.